Conversation with Reg Brickell

September 13, 2007

I spoke with Reg’s wife on Tuesday explaining how my crew would be arriving on Friday and we would love to have the opportunity to speak with Reg prior to the swim.  She explained that he may be out fishing, but to call Thursday night to be sure.

Well, I called back tonight and sure enough he is headed out fishing tonight and into tomorrow.  However, he did think that he would be back in town sometime around 6pm.  He wants me to call him again at 3pm and he will see if he is going to be back in time to meet.  My guess is that if the fishing is good, we won’t get to meet him tomorrow.  I did get to ask about the swim day.  It looks like it is going to be late Sunday or sometime on Monday.  I mentioned the winds and he says that they should be dying down around that time.  The weather has been beautiful, so it looks like this could be a early swim for me.  All I can say is I’m ready to go.

I’ll be sure to keep you all posted on when the swim gets scheduled.  Right now we need to all pray that I can drive up to London, pick up Jane and my parents and make it back to Dover without harming anyone.

Tags: , , ,

6 Responses to “Conversation with Reg Brickell”

1. Pat says:

I’ve been reviewing how to follow you and found this quote from the famed Freda Streeter “No one has ever died of a sore shoulder, and you will eventually get to France.”

I will say this for you over and over again come Sunday, Monday, Tuesday until you are done — “she will never quit!” “she will never quit!” “she will never quit!”. I know this to be true.

2. andy pfaff says:

hi michelle
    your brother contacted me about a tracking unit I had used during my channel swim last week (see http://www.sportstrack.net and http://www.andypfaff.co.za), so I thought that I would just write a short note to wish you well on your swim.
    I made an unsuccessful attempt of 15 1/2 hours last year, and succeeded last week in 14 hours – both were in bad weather at the end of my tide window, so just remember, if you swim early and in good weather then you are extremely fortunate! But in all liklihood the variables will not all fall into place simultaneously, and that is what makes the channel such a challenging swim – you simply have to make the best of the hand that you are dealt & get on with it.
    Good luck & enjoy it – remember that very few people are healthy & fit enough to have the opportunity that you have in the week ahead.

3. Leroy says:

Just remember, Us Brits drive on the other side of the Road road! 🙂

And roundabouts are pretty easy, to navigate 😛

4. Fran Pearson says:

Good Luck Macy,
    Please know that your fellow Nike employees are pulling for you. I heard about your effort through Jane when she was in for Physical Therapy. I forwarded it to my coworkers and I know several of them are following your efforts as closely as I am. Even though we haven’t met yet, I look forward to that, we are all very proud of your accomplishment. I look forward to meeting you when you return.

5. Kristy says:

i hope everyone made it into town (or country, if you will) safely and that you successfully navigated to pick them up and get back to dover. i’m so excited for you it brings tears to my eyes…you’re going to do great, michelle! we’ll be keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers, especially come sunday/monday. get some rest!

6. Mark Robson says:

YOU COULD ACTUALLY BE OUT THERE NOW!!
    GOOD LUCK OUR FINGERS ARE CROSSED FOR YOU