Going Site seeing today

September 17, 2007

I’m taking the day off from the harbor and we are headed out to see the sites.  I think we are headed to Whitstable.  I think today’s adventure will be letting someone else drive.  This means that they will have to get used driving on the right side of the car with the stick shift in the left hand.  Luckily the clutch, brake and gas pedal are in the same order.  Then there is the driving on the other side of the road and the roundabouts.  I think that I’m getting stressed out already 🙂  (Perhaps they will be better than I am and not hit the side mirrors of the car.  In all fairness to me though, it was just a little love tap and my insurance is still thoroughly intact.)

Whitstable is supposed to be a very quaint town that is known for oysters.  Apparently oysters are known for their aphrodisiac qualities.  There is some hope for Jane yet 🙂  (She’ll kill me for this later, but I know her family is reading this and know what I’m talking about!  I’m thinking she’ll have plenty of time for payback when I’m in the water. )

I’ll be calling Reg again tonight for another weather and swim check.  Post more on this later.

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “Going Site seeing today”

Ask Jane to bring some Whitstable oysters home. Her mom needs some, too! 🙂
    Sorry you didn’t get in the water yet, but know you’ll have a really fun excursion and it’s probably a great diversion. You’ll be even more ready in a day or two.
    hugs to all and best wishes,
    Joan (Jane’s mom)

2. Mariam Omari says:

Hello Michelle, I’m a friend of Jane’s from Minneapolis. I’ve reading your blog and I think what you’re doing is amazing. Jane will let you know I’m not a swimmer so I also think you’re a bit crazy, but most people think I am too. There are lots of us here routing for you. Can’t wait till you start we are anxious to hear all about it. Good luck!!!

3. Randy D says:

So let me get this straight… the shifter is in your left hand because you’re sitting on the right side (got it, yep), but is the pattern of the shifter (gears) in the same order as the US or is it reversed too? I’m thinking I would have to either buy transmission insurance or rent an automatic.

What feels more dangerous to you… the water or the road? 🙂

4. Josh says:

You go, girl! Glad you’re getting a chance to see the sights and take your mind off waiting for the weather to break. Know that there’s lots of murmur around here about ‘When is the day?’ and ‘How’s she doing?’. Before you know it you’ll be having a smoke and a croissant on the coast of France.

5. Josh says:

An English woman was given a cruise holiday by her daughter and refused to go unless she could take her chihuahua dog with her. After much negotiation with the captain and cruise line, they agreed to let her. She arrived with the dog and during the lifeboat drill the dog literally jumped out of her arms into the ocean, but the captain refused to stop the ship so they could retrieve the dog. Heartbroken, they continued on their way. When the woman got home 2 weeks later, guess what was waiting for her on her doorstep? FOURTEEN QUARTS OF MILK! She had forgotten to cancel the milkman.

6. Chris says:

Hi Michelle, I’m a friend of Jane’s from Minneapolis also, and I’ve been been very interested in your swim. Good luck in the swim, and just have faith that the weather will cooperate one of these days.

Oh yeah, have Jane post letting us know if the oysters worked… 😉

7. Pat says:

Jane… I’ll come to your defense.

If your mom is requesting oysters too. Who is she going to steal the 1st ‘O So Good’ taste of beer from?

Just make sure if your with her to pop the top and sip the 1st ‘O So Good’ taste of beer. Then you can let her have a drink!

8. Rachel Charak says:

Hi Michelle – wow, you are one amazing woman!! I wish you the best of luck and will send you positive vibes as you head into the water. MN will be rooting for you from start to finish!!

PS- I too am a friend of Jane’s… and look forward to meeting you one day in person ;o)

9. Dan Schwarz says:

Hey Michelle,

Enjoy the sites. Have a great swim. We are pulling for you.

-Katie, Dan, Alex, Jacob, Matthew Schwarz
    Stillwater, MN

10. Elizabeth Hace says:

Hi Michelle,
    The Victoria Hace’s are cheering you on. I’m sorry you haven’t been able to start your amazing swim yet and I know you must be anxious to get going. Good luck, we are thinking of you! Elizabeth, Brian, Henry and Madeline Hace