I am now beginning to understand what the other swimmers were saying that the wait is the hardest part. Mother Nature will do exactly what she wants regardless of whether her fickleness is making me crazy. The winds didn’t die down as soon as Reg had hoped. They are still predicting that they will die down, but he doesn’t want to get me out there on the case of “perhaps.” I’m beginning each day to trust his judgement more and more. In looking at the extended forecast, he says there could be an opening on Friday evening. He isn’t taking any swimmers out today at that is reassuring.
The crew and I are going out to wander Dover for a bit and I’ll probably go for a short swim. The orders were to give another call at half 7, so I guess that is just what we will do.
Whatever you are all doing, please keep doing it. Pray for good weather, light winds and a window for me to swim. As always I will keep you as up to date as possible.Tags: English Channel, English Channel Swim