No swim today

September 18, 2007

I am now beginning to understand what the other swimmers were saying that the wait is the hardest part.   Mother Nature will do exactly what she wants regardless of whether her fickleness is making me crazy.  The winds didn’t die down as soon as Reg had hoped.  They are still predicting that they will die down, but he doesn’t want to get me out there on the case of “perhaps.”  I’m beginning each day to trust his judgement more and more.  In looking at the extended forecast, he says there could be an opening on Friday evening.  He isn’t taking any swimmers out today at that is reassuring.

The crew and I are going out to wander Dover for a bit and I’ll probably go for a short swim.  The orders were to give another call at half 7, so I guess that is just what we will do.

Whatever you are all doing, please keep doing it.  Pray for good weather, light winds and a window for me to swim.  As always I will keep you as up to date as possible.

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “No swim today”

1. Scott Ransom says:

I am making sacrifices to the god Neptune for you.

2. Dave and Nancy says:

Hi.
    We have all our thoughts going your way. You’re just getting some rest so you can attack that channel the whole way. Rest is good – enjoy England – your day is coming and you will be ready.
    We’re with you!
    Dave and Nancy

3. Fran Pearson says:

Just keep swimming, I will just keep praying. 🙂

4. Angela D. says:

Hang in there, Michelle!!! The window of opportunity will reveal itself and you will be oh so ready to get the swim started.

I’m looking forward to tracking your swim via the Viking Princess.

Good vibes for light to no winds and good weather…

Ang

5. Randy D says:

In honor of tomorrow’s grand holiday – “National Talk Like A Pirate Day”… please enjoy the following link:

Me thinks you be swimming soon lass, Argh!

6. Jeff Rodgers says:

Hang in there Michelle.

A short “While you were out” story:

Nike’s Olympic swimmers have been on campus this week (product testing and working out). Got to see their workout this morning. Aaron Piersol went a 1:51 200 back (at the end of a 8×200 swim set). Saw Cullen Jones and Jason Lezak swim some 9’s during some fast 25’s. Brendan Hansen’s breaststroke is crazy. Katelin Sadeno was also swimming crazy 200 fly’s.

Again – Good Luck and be safe!!!!
    Jeff

7. Jack Vu says:

Hi Michelle – I’m a friend of Jane as well and am following your swim with great interest. I’m also a WWII buff so I will call up the ghost of Dwight “Ike” Eisenhower tonight to pray for good weather. It worked for him 60+ years ago on D-Day so it’ll work for you too (not that I’m comparing your swim to the invasion of France mind you). Anyway, expect good weather within hours of reading this. And we want to know if the oysters are working for Jane.