Ok, in the phone call to Reg it looks like the swim could be happening at 3pm tomorrow. I’m to call him at 11am to confirm. His major concern was whether I could swim in the dark. A huge thank you to the Girls, as we know that I can definitely do just that. The other concern is if the weather will follow the forecast. Today it was supposed to be blowing to beat the band, but it was calm. This is the reason for the 11am check in. I’ll do my best to post tomorrow after I get the word, but I won’t make promises as I might be running around like Chicken Little if we get the go ahead. Perhaps Jane, lately my voice of reason, will be able to make a quick posting. (In addition to those people praying in the States for good weather, you must have also been praying that it happened at a time that you all could watch. If it goes tomorrow afternoon, most of the swim will occur during your daytime. Too bad for Leroy and having to update the blog all night! You’re a champ, Leroy!)
In the meantime, here are some photos from England.
The White Cliffs of Dover
Beach Conversations – Pre and Post Swim:
The boat and the Captain (and yes the tide is out):
Which way to France?
Tags: English Channel, English Channel Swim