Potentially the swim is tomorrow

September 17, 2007

Ok, in the phone call to Reg it looks like the swim could be happening at 3pm tomorrow.  I’m to call him at 11am to confirm.  His major concern was whether I could swim in the dark.  A huge thank you to the Girls, as we know that I can definitely do just that.  The other concern is if the weather will follow the forecast.  Today it was supposed to be blowing to beat the band, but it was calm.  This is the reason for the 11am check in.  I’ll do my best to post tomorrow after I get the word, but I won’t make promises as I might be running around like Chicken Little if we get the go ahead.  Perhaps Jane, lately my voice of reason, will be able to make a quick posting.   (In addition to those people praying in the States for good weather, you must have also been praying that it happened at a time that you all could watch.  If it goes tomorrow afternoon, most of the swim will occur during your daytime.  Too bad for Leroy and having to update the blog all night!  You’re a champ, Leroy!)

In the meantime, here are some photos from England.

The White Cliffs of Dover

The White Cliffs of DoverJane and Michelle

Beach Conversations – Pre and Post Swim:

Pre-swim Conversation with JanePost swim conversation with Mom

The boat and the Captain (and yes the tide is out):

The Viking PrincessReg Brickell

The Oysters:

The Oysters

Which way to France?

The Swimming Statue

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “Potentially the swim is tomorrow”

1. Courtney says:

yay, michelle! so exciting that’s it’s nearly here! i just got the email update, will be thinking about you. best of luck.

love, c

2. Kristy says:

good luck michelle…i’ll be praying for good weather and good fortune for you and your team. i love the boat picture…hopefully the tide comes back in so it can lead you across 😉

3. Cara says:

Good luck Michelle!! Your girls in MN are all pulling for you! You are in our thoughts and prayers. I can’t wait to hear how it’s going for you and if you get to swim. Just Keep Swimming!

~Cara

4. Pat says:

You will not quit! You will not quit! You will not quit! I’ll say this over and over tomorrow.

And after you kick’d the ditch’s arse? Have one of those mighty pints with Reg. The pints and he look awsome!

5. Heather says:

Good luck, Michelle! We’re rooting for you! You can do this!

6. Hi Michelle,

Best of Luck to you; Alex says you will do great. We will be thinking about you and wishing you good thought for a successful swim.

Love you
    Katie

7. Sara Fulkerson says:

Michelle,

Best of luck with the weather tomorrow. I will definately be checking in to see if you are swimming! Great luck to you – can’t wait to hear all about your success.

8. Sarah S says:

I’m praying for you, for the weather, for the boat, for the crew, and for a direct route to France.

9. Laurie Chesler says:

Nice pictures. Is it not all of us that are supposed to be entertaining you?
    We’ve been following. ( Jon too, though insert Smart A comment here from him)). Jane has instructions to call us day or night.
    You can do this…day or night!! We know that! We are really proud of you and will be sending you lots of pacing and thought for calm calm calm. You have the power! You have lots of angels watching you too.
    Laurie

10. ML Rice says:

We’ll be thinking of you and wishing ALL of you the best.
    Love,