Quick Update

September 25, 2007

I DID IT!!!!!  Ok sorry every now and again I feel I need to shout it out and sometimes pinch myself to see if it was real.  Right now it does almost feel as if it was a dream.

First, I know that I have been lax in updating my blog after the swim, but it has been a whirlwind.  Sunday I made Jane and my parents trek the entire French beach until we just found the exact spot I landed.  Only then could I pop the bottle of champagne, which we did and yes we took photos.  And Monday we met with the boat pilot and crew to review the swim and get my chart of the swim.  Again I pinched myself to make sure it was real.  Then it was off to the White Horse Pub in Dover to sign my name to the wall with all the other Channel swimmers (pinch).  Lastly on Monday we packed up all the gear and headed into London.  We will be spending the next week here on a whirlwind holiday.  It is now time for me to do whatever Jane and my parents would like to do, as they sacrificed so much for me in these past two weeks while in the UK.

Secondly,  thank you for all the support that you all have provided before, during and after the swim.  I have a hunch that I will be writing thank you notes for a while after I return to the States.  Your messages were passed along to me during the last 3.5 miles of the swim when things got really tough.  I couldn’t have done it without each of you.

Thirdly, I know that we all would like to see photos and have an update on an account of the swim.  I promise that I will do just this when I have the time to dedicate to it.  It will most likely be a week or so.

Last but not least, again thank you.  I am truly humbled by all the support.   Stay tuned for updates.

Tags:

12 Responses to “Quick Update”

1. Shanna says:

You have every right to be shouting out to everyone you meet about your massive accomplishment! I am so impressed and proud of you and what you have done…and so fast. You have truly accomplished what very few people ever will or would even dream of accomplishing. You have told me before that I have inspired you but you have truly inspired me to go for my biggest dreams. Big hugs my dear!

Hi Michelle (from Shanna’s fav next door neighbor Morton) – I’ve been listening closely to your training program with great satisfaction I heard that you managed your big swim. Congratulations!

2. Sarah Schneiderman says:

Yes, YOU DID IT! I’ve been shouting about your accomplishment, too. I’m so proud of you.

Even my mother is excited that she knows someone who knows someone who swam the English Channel.

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

3. Courtney says:

Yay, Michelle! I’ve been excitedly telling random people about you since Saturday. I’m so proud of you! You’re such an inspiration to me.

Love, Courtney

4. MICHELLE, THIS IS SO AWESOME! I AM SO EXCITED. READ MOST OF YOUR BLOG AND LOOKED AT ALL THE PICTURES. SO PROUD OF YOU. WHAT A FEAT!

Sister Lois #1 Blazer fan (still going!)

5. Simply awesome! No other word for this accomplishment. Did you always dream of doing this? Sister Lois

6. The Pfarr Family says:

Dear Michelle,

The world is yours … so go ahead “shout it out” – you have absolutely earned it! Your determination, dedication and hard work is nothing less than commendable. Congratulations on an outstanding swim – it is out of this world. We are very proud of you. Thank you for sharing this once in a lifetime event with us. We are sincerely honored.

With all our love,
    Tom, Lisa, Levi & Taylor

7. Fran Pearson says:

WOO HOO FOR YOU! You need to shout it out. It is a huge deal to acheive a dream, but it is an even bigger deal when it is such a huge challenge as this. Congrats, and as I previously stated, please know that your Nike colleagues are really proud of you. We need to hear you on KAOS now.

8. Jill Vukmanic says:

Congrats Michelle!!
    You are truly inspiring!! I’ll just assume that you swam it as fast as you did because of all that sprint training you did with me in Beaverton! Haha. Glad to see all your hard work and dedication paid off. Great job – you have renewed my faith in the power of dreams.

9. Muffy Tiede says:

Congrats to you and all the friends and family who supported you in going for the big dream. I am so excited to think I have actually touched someone who swam the Big One! You have a right to feel any old way you like to about this – pride, amazement, tired, look-at-me, whatever it is. You are The Woman now. I love it. Muffy

10. Mike, Heather & Annika says:

Whoo hoo!!!! We were so excited to hear the great news! We are all so proud of you. I guess if you can tackle this, you can tackle anything! Your training blog has been really interesting to follow. What an accomplishment!!! Way to go! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

11. Alyssa Hall says:

Michelle~ It is little over a week and I am still so excited for you! My Mom and I were bragging to everyone we knew about your huge adventure. I am still trying to wrap my brain around it. I hope that you are having a great vacation and have a safe trip back. Be proud you did an amazing thing! Can’t wait to see your pictures. Alyssa

12. James MacDougall says:

Michelle,

Just heard from Jean PF and so…CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so awesome. What a wonderful accomplishment. My sister who is a swimmer said Wow and well done and Wow. I can’t wait to see the photos but enjoy all your time in London. James