She Came…She Saw..She Swam Across!!! :D

September 22, 2007

In a time of 10hrs 2 Minutes Michelle, walked up on to the Shores of France!! 😀 picked up some Shells and they are now on the way back WOO HOOOO!!

I’d just like to say I am Proud and Honoured to call her a friend. damn got a bit of grit in my eye 😉

Thanks for all the mesaages of Support and those good vibes, they worked a treat!!

Tags:

55 Responses to “She Came…She Saw..She Swam Across!!! :D”

1. John and Sandi from Oconomowoc, Wi says:

We know you could do it!
    Incredible-absolutely incredible.
    Congratulations to all.
    We need details, stories, etc.
    (when you get a moment to catch your breath so to speak)

2. ML Rice says:

Wooo Hoooo! from here, too. All we can say is AMAZING!

ML & Jim

3. The hyphens says:

so incredibly excited for you Michelle. I mirror the sentiments of many – tears, goosebumps, pure pride to be your friend. I can’t wait to hear all the news from you when you return stateside!

4. brian, kristy, riley, mel and pasquale says:

Way to go michelle! We are so happy to hear you completed your dream! Next time maybe you can swim back 😉

5. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, WELL DONE YOU DESERVE IT.
    It must have been the washing of the beach towel that started of the good luck oman.
    Well done to all the family and crew as they all need a big shout out for.
    See you soon lots of love from the SANDOWN GUEST HOUSE IN DOVER ANOTHER GREAT WAY TO CELEBRATE.

AMAZING! HOORAY, HOORAY, for MAE. . .CY! (this way it’s rimes!) A big hug and a big high five to amazing, awesome Michelle and crew. We are thrilled here in Wisconsin as well as everywhere around the globe! Have a great trip back and a super celebration. Thanks to LEROY for keeping us posted. It’s been quite an exciting ride!
    love,
    Joan Barry (Seasick Jane’s Mom)

7. Courtney says:

WOO HOO000000000000000!!!!! congrats, michelle! i’m so proud of you! i’ve been thinking about you all day (and before i went to sleep last night). so amazing, so great! i’m so happy for you!!! yayyyyyy!

love, courtney

8. Anne Cleveland says:

Michelle,
    Way to go!!! Great swim….can’t wait to hear the details. Welcome to the Club!
    All the Best,
    Anne Cleveland

9. Fran Pearson says:

She just did it!! We are all so very proud of you.

10. Nick Ireland says:

Well done and welcome to the club. Excellent time!

11. Rachel from Minneapolis, MN says:

Way to go Michelle!!! Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment that very few people can claim. Please send pictures and stories of your journey!!!

Rachel C.

12. Fantastic swim Macy – very well done!
    Please say Hi to Reggie and Ray!
    Sally and all the Jersey Crew –
    and on Freda ‘s (The CHannel General) birthday as well!

13. Awesome, Spectacular, Supercalafragelistic…I’m exhausted…..Congratulations Michelle…JoAnn

14. Chad Furlong says:

simply inspiring. great job Michelle.

Chad

15. Tricia says:

AMAZING!!! I knew you could do it!! I have goosebumps running down my arms! We are so thrilled for you and this major accomplishment! Can’t wait to hear all about it! We are so excited for you!!

Love, Tricia and Ken (and kiddies too!).

16. What a great job. We have been following you the whole way. Way to go!

Katie, Alex, Jacob, Matthew, Dan
    Stillwater, MN

17. Mark Robson says:

fantastic…….never a doubt

Mark and Kelly

18. Pat says:

YES! YES! YES! YES!

I knew you could do it… well you knew too.

I’m amazed at your accomplishements!

Tell dad to have a pint for me and raise your glasses in tribute to all the hard work!

Love
    Pat

19. Angela D says:

You are a ROCKSTAR, Michelle!!! So inspiring! Just AWESOME!!!

I’m looking forward to getting all the details…

Congrats!!!
    Ang

20. Dave and Nancy says:

And you say you’re not a thoroughbred. Only a thoroughbred could have done that swim in the time you did. Congrats and the fast lane is all yours.
    Dave and Nancy

21. Macys in London says:

OH YAAAAAAA! THATS CUZ douz it! FAST!! Will talk to you guys later!! THATS AWESOME!! we saw you kick off from on top of the hill. CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!!!!

Will

22. When things calm down check out the Phil Keoghan website. You have Congratulations from the “Now Team”.

“Now.Keoghan@verizon.net”

23. Kathy (Woods) Rakowczyk says:

Michelle,
    As a distance swimmer – you have always amazed me!
    As a super distance swimmer in non-warm water, you baffle me with your endurance both physically and mentally! : ) Congratulations!!!

24. Michelle, Congratulations on making your dream of a lifetime happen! What you have accomplished is inspiring and amazing. Sharing in the adventure while reading your blog in Eau Claire, WI was interesting and exciting for me.

Big hugs to you, your parents, Jane, your crew and all who helped you on this journey.

Mary Jane (Jane’s Aunt)

25. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Michelle I knew you could do it and we are so proud of you. It is amazing to think that I now know someone that completed this swim and I am thrilled.

Love you so much

Pat

26. Sarah Schneiderman says:

Fantastic. My partner Deborah and I have been checking your blog religiously. We are so excited for your success!

I can’t wait to see you and Deborah wants to shake your hand.

Safe travels home to you and all your crew in England.

27. Michael says:

….AMAZING! Congratulations! Thanks for being an inspiration for all of us.

28. Paul says:

Well done Michelle. Sorry I missed seeing you before you went in the harbour. You were the talk of all the gang (of old duffers who swim regularly) who wanted to know how you were doing. Now I can tell them how you got on. They will be both pleased, impressed and not a bit jealous as meeting you has touched us all. If ever you return to Our island don’t forget to say hallo. I’m already working on my stroke to try to keep up with you swimming to the far off reaches of the Prince of Wales Pier which is my equivalent of swimming the channel. It was great to meet your Mum too. Take care now and take a well deserved rest and perhaps another shot of tequila.

29. Randy and Josh says:

We are both SOOOOOOO excited and moved by your determination and will to do the near impossible. I was so moved by your feat that I took a salt water bath after my training run and felt very exhillerated—so I know just exactly how you feel;)

Can’t wait to see you!!!!!!!!

Ziggy says hi and congratulations—purr purr.

30. Sybil Fisher says:

ROCK ON SISTA!!!!!!
    Nice job and congrats! Welcome to the club 🙂
    I knew you had what it takes and I cannot wait to hear about your swim from your head.
    Revel in the peace and joy of what you just accomplished because it is AMAZING!!!!!

31. Katie says:

I am so amazed. That’s my little Sister. I could not be prouder. Love to mom, dad and Jane. words are not enough, for what you have done.

my love

Katie

32. Dave and Raegan says:

You’re truely Amazing. We had no dought in our minds that you could do it. Cheers to you.

Love
    Dave and Raegan

33. Katie and Kevin says:

Congrats, Michelle!! We’re so proud of you. We knew you could do it. And in an amazing time…you rock!!

34. Susie Young says:

Congrats! You’re awesome!!!
    — Susie

35. Jack Vu says:

Yippee! Congratulations on the great swim!

And Jane, please don’t tell me you sent those poor oysters back into the ocean….

36. Hace's in Portland says:

We are just dumbfounded. Not that we didn’t have faith that you could do this, but we are just overwhelmed trying to imagine the feat you just accomplished! Congrats to you Michelle. When you return we will have you over for a victory celebration/dinner. Can’t wait to see you soon and hear all of the details!
    Kristi, Kevin, Matt & Sam

37. Cara and Jeff says:

Michelle, we are both so incredibly proud of you!! What a thing to say–you accomplished your life goal! Not many people can say that! We cannot wait to hear all about it. Congratulations and have a safe trip home!

38. Paul M says:

Great Job Michelle! Knew you could do it! Bumper sticker says “My Niece Swam The English Channel”

Paul & Susie

39. Laurie Chesler says:

M
    We knew you could do it. We are looking forward to hearing your stories of your incredible journey. Lots of celebrating to do when you come home! My mom was cheering yesterday too.
    You have a community that is really proud of you. ( and inspired.)
    Laurie ( and Jon too).

40. Alyssa Hall says:

Hey Michelle~ I know by now you are warmed up and rested but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so happy for you. I am amazed at your accomplishment and I am completely floored at how fast you went!!! I knew you would do just fine and never had a doubt. SUPER JOB GIRL!!! WAY TO GO!!! I could go on and on! I hope that when you make it back to MN we can celebrate with you! Love ya and have a safe trip back! Alyssa

41. Elizabeth Hace says:

Yahoo! That’s just great! Good job Michelle, you are amazing! Awesome job!
    Brian, Elizabeth, Henry and Madeline Hace

42. Colorado Support says:

Kick ASS!!! You did it, now just sleep a bit and then enjoy england before coming home. Can’t wait to talk to you on the phone!!!!

43. Brianna says:

I’m amazed and not amazed at the same time. It is such a HUGE feat, but if anyone could do it…YOU COULD!!! I’m proud of your physical, mental and emotional strenght, I can’t even imagine how much it must have taken!!

Now it’s time to Celebrate!!!

44. Kirk and Kate Walton says:

AWESOME NEWS!!!!

Way to go Michelle, that is SOOOO awesome!! I can’t wait to hear all of the great stories about this wonderful day.

45. Benjamin J. Murphy (macy) says:

Way to go!!!!! Congrats. I heard that you were going to swim the English Channel, and i knew that you could do it. I heard that the English Channel is bigger than Lake Winnebago.

46. Thor's Father says:

I told Thor that your such a bad-ass! I told him what you did and even at 10 months he did what I did when I herd the news. He did not even know what to say then he tried to speak and it did’nt make sense. Then he….well thank God he was wearing diapers but I was not! What is my excuse?!

Your JEWELER is proud of you!!!!!!!! We will celebrate with jewelry, wine and food when you come to visit.

Love ya, T

47. Chris from Mpls. says:

Way to go Michelle!

48. Linda says:

We are just so proud of you!!!!!! You have always been such a determined woman – and I want you to know that I am living vicariously through you! You are my Hero!!!! I am just wondering what is next of your “to do” list!!!!!

49. Caroline says:

Sorry it took me so long to post.
    Congratulations. You are awesome!!!

50. Mag Myers says:

Congratulations, Michelle.
    Amazing!

51. Cara and Jeff says:

Michelle,
    Jeff and I are so incredibly proud of you!! My mom and dad were in town the day you swam, and Mama Baenen was pulling and praying for you too! We couldn’t be happier for you–what a tremendous accomplishment. We can’t wait to hear all about it when you get back to the states. We hope you are happy and healthy upon your return. Talk soon!

52. Willie says:

Way to go Michelle. I’m so happy you made it accross. When are you swimming Catalina?

53. Mary and Jerry says:

Congratulations on an amazing feat! Your courage and tenacity and strength will inspire us and others for a long time!

WOO HOOOOOOO from Lake Hiawatha!!!

Mary and Jerry

54. Jan Belton says:

Wow i’ll echo Angela D’s comments – YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR
    very few people will ever know what its like to conquer the English Channel – but you are one , congrats

55. Rob J from Minneapolis says:

Michelle –

Congratulations on your swim — It truly is a remarkable accomplishment. Reading the comments you’ve obviously inspired many from around the world. Sarah and I are extremely excited for you and look forward to seeing the pictures.