The wait is over!

September 21, 2007

After laying about all day today trying to conserve energy, the phone call to Reg yielded different results.  The swim is going to happen tomorrow.  We are to meet Reg at 7am at Folkestone Harbor and then the swim will start around 8am from Samphire Hoe.   He said that tomorrow is the best day that there is going to be and this was my shot.

While I was laying about, I was doing some laundry.  Martin and Sonia figured that because I finally washed my nasty beach towel that the winds decided to calm down.  I had stated something to the fact that I wasn’t going to wash the towel until the swim as it was just going to get nasty again from my harbor training.  Martin said that I should have washed the towel last week!  Perhaps he is right, the way it was I had to chase the towel around the guest house just to get it into the machine. (It was so dirty it had grown legs).

Jane and my parents spent the day at Dover castle seeing the sites.  I’ve attached some photos for entertainment.

See I told you all it was WINDY!!!

Jane at the Castle

Mum and Dad:

Mom and Dad

Tags: ,

9 Responses to “The wait is over!”

1. Courtney says:

yay! so exciting! i can’t believe it’s here after all this preparation and training.

(also fun to see mum & dad! it’s been a long time) 🙂

good luck! i’ll be thinking of you.

xo, courtney

2. Michelle Ogden says:

Yay!!! I am so proud of everything you have done so far,you have already accomplished so much!! My thoughts and prayers will be with you through your journey. Good Luck!!! 🙂

I’m so excited I screamed so loud that I bet I woke you up in Dover. Good luck you awesome girl, you! You’re already a champion!
    prayers and God speed! Go, Macy, girl!
    Joan (Jane’s Mom)
    p.s.I see where you get your good looks, your parents are gorgeous. . .oh, and Jane’s pretty cute, too, albeit wind blown.

4. Sara Fulkerson says:

Good luck tomorrow. We will be cheering for your from here (you might even hear us). I will check back in for news about your progress.

Sara

5. Dave and Nancy says:

Hi,
    Great news and you’re ready for the go. You go girl.
    Dave and Nancy

6. Katie says:

Great Pic of Mom and Dad. Wishing you all the best for a great crossing. There is no doubt that you will make it to France. I will be thinking of you and the rest of the crew. “I think I can. I think I can. I think I can” and then “I thought I could, I thought I could…” All my love to you Mom and Dad and Jane.

Katie

7. Meg, Michael & Willow says:

Michelle et al,

We are on our way from London this wonderful Saturday morning – we will be there on the shore as you begin, sending you off with prayers, hearty and loud wishes, and all our love. Here’s to you and your crew, may the winds be at your back. See you back on this side of the Channel. You go girl!! Meg

8. Mark Robson says:

I am just in from Night shift its almost 6 am, so you will be up now and getting ready to go, you can do this Macy, you have waited and prepared for this. no negatives, swim swim swim and dont stop
    good luck
    Mark and Kelly

9. Sybil Fisher says:

GO GO GO GO.
    Stay relaxed, stay in the positive and DON’T GET OUT!

Rock on sista!