I Grieve for you, Mom.

May 19, 2009

On Saturday my heart became profoundly broken after talking to my dad.  My rock, my mooring, my mother passed away unexpectedly in her sleep.  I’m in a state of shock like the rest of my family.  My mom had just received a clean bill of health.  She was cancer free.  She and I were making plans!  Heck, we had just spent mother’s day weekend sending out fundraising letters, emails, postings, etc.  She was as dedicated in my fundraising goal as I was.  Perhaps it has always been our goal to raise $50,000 for breast cancer research.

I have returned home to MN to be with my family during this difficult time.  Thank you all for your well wishes for me and my mother.  I know that all your comments helped her during her fight with cancer.

Here is a local story about my mother.  http://www.twincities.com/washington/ci_12400480

And here is the obituary.  http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/TwinCities/obituary.aspx?n=Kathleen-Pfarr-Macy&pid=127434111

7 Responses to “I Grieve for you, Mom.”

1. macyswim says:

Michelle, my family and I are thinking of you all and grieving with and for you. Your mother was an amazing woman. Much love, C

2. Michelle- my sympathy to you and your family. I saw the obituary in the paper and came straight to your site. I never met your mother, but she sounds like a fantastic woman. May you find peace in the legacy she has left.

3. Dave Cuthbert says:

Oh, wow… I’m so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. May you find some peace.

4. Kristy says:

Michelle, Words cannot describe my saddness in the loss of your mom. She was a beacon for us all and has left a legacy that seems untouchable. She was an amazing woman and will forever be in my heart. I know you will continue your endeavors in your mom’s memory and create your own legacy to fight to keep hers bright. Her soul lives within you and she will be by your side forever. God bless.

5. Jim Main says:

Michelle-

Midge and I grive with you. We were so sorry and saddened to hear of your mother’s passing. We have so many fond memories as your neighbors and we love you, your Dad, your Mom, Patrick and Katy very much.

We are excited to hear that you live in Portland and that you have accomplished so much. We also live in Portland and hope to see you soon.

6. Mary says:

Dear Michelle:

I’ve been in deep thought ever since I learned that your Mother, my sister, had passed quietly in her sleep. I have asked God “why” many times, but end up retiring the question knowing full well that we are all on “his” time.

She had such an abundance of unconditional love and I am ever so grateful to have had the chance to re-connect with her once again. I will miss her deeply-

Michelle, I know you hurt and I am so sorry that you have lost your “pillar of strength”, but now it is time for you to put your “big girl pants on and get into the water”. Just remember She will always be there to guide you.

I love you Michelle and am here for you-

7. Francisca says:

Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. I don’t know your mom but if you are anything like your mom than we have lost an amazing women. Peace be with you and your family.