The Swim – 7 Hours

June 30, 2009

Latest update from Jane :

Hour 5 and just about 1/4 milr from crossing into french territory which means almost half way!! Swimmer is feeling strong, the nice sunshine is helping to keep us all warm.

Jane

However I did get an update later on to say that they have hit some fog and a bit of choppy water. Michelle is still going strong , but the humour is definalty fading. So messages of support form all her friens would really be appriciated 🙂

I will try and get update on whose been sea sick out of the boat crew if I can 🙂

Tags: ,

13 Responses to “The Swim – 7 Hours”

1. Courtney says:

Tell Michelle:

I wanted to sleep through my morning yoga class — but couldn’t because I knew you were out there swimming away!! 🙂 🙂 You’re my inspiration! xo, Courtney

2. Shanna says:

You’re doing great Michelle! Keep your head up (or down?) and swim strong for your cause! Love Shanna

3. Meg says:

Dear Michelle and crew.

We have been watching via the blog since the early hours. Couldn’t get the comments to work until now…

We are there with you, the sun is up (a rare thing here in the UK) and everyone is shining a sunny smile towards you to keep you warm and happy.

Love,

Meg and Willow

4. Michelle says:

Hi Michelle! I’m a friend of Marisa’s from Maryland and wanted to wish you well on your swim! You must be one helluva gal to do this swim AND have Marisa as a friend. Keep on swimmin’!! Thanks to your friends and team for the updates too.

5. Pat Brown says:

You know if I were swimming with you, you would have to tow me….keep it up and stay strong

love you

6. D says:

Go MM love d

7. the Browns says:

sending godspeed and good thoughts from Minnesota… GO Michelle!!!

8. Melissa Mignano says:

Michelle-

Hopefully this will be a bit of humor for you.

Q. Why wasn’t Susan afraid when she saw a shark while she was swimming in the water?

A. Because it was a man-eating shark!

Keep it going. I (and a bunch of my co-workers) are watching the site and rooting for you!

-Mel

9. Kristy says:

Keep it up Michelle. We are all waking up stateside and ready to send some energy. You avn do this!!!!!

10. Pete LaBelle says:

Hi Michelle,
    Keep up the good work. We are all pulling for you.

P.S. Thank goodness the channel is cool for those long open water swims. Can you imagine what it would be like if the boat had to haul a hose of cold water all the way across the channel, and back? 🙂

11. 6am pilates class says:

Michelle we are all scooping for you! Let Jim know if you need trivia.

12. sarah juncker says:

Two jokes for the little girl in Faribo who used to hold her breath. . .

What is pink and fluffy?
    Pink fluff.

What is blue and fluffy?
    Pink fluff holding it’s breath!

Breathe deep and paddle strong Michelle! Will says kick hard, be strong!

The Junckers

13. Cara Gosse says:

M, your girls in Minnesota are pulling for you!! Keep swimming strong! Just remember–if you can find my Greco-Roman journal pages, you can do anything!! 🙂 🙂 🙂