After 4 flights, I arrived safely home in Portland Oregon. It was a lovely trip and I was sad to see it be over. The trip home was uneventful, but how many breakfasts can one person take. I left Wellington and was given breakfast. I arrived in Sydney, still in the AM and was again provided breakfast. Then I landed in LA and yep you guessed it BREAKFAST TIME! I was never so thankful to arrive somewhere past 11am so that I could eat something besides slimy airport eggs. Actually I didn't eat many of the breakfasts which I think caused some of my crazy behaviour later in the day and the lightheadedness. I mean eggs from fast food restaurants just aren't that good, so I avoid them.
I'm now back at work and I'm a little bit confused as to what day it really is. Thankfully I have a calendar to keep me on track.
Here are some fun facts from the swim:
- Steve and I were the first successful swims this season. #65 and 66 swimmers to cross for the 75th and 76th successful crossing.
- 37th woman to make crossing, but 19th woman from North to South island
- 5th American to make the crossing.
- I swam 35 years after the first successful crossing by an American woman, Lynne Cox (Thanks Forrest for that fun fact!)
- I negative split the swim, which will make my coach happy.